Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Henry Gross - Shannon Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
crapfromthepast
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 17 September 2016 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote crapfromthepast

He was a little dog named Snuggles.

The LP and 45 versions are the same, as far as I know.

The oldest CD I have with "Shannon" is Rhino's Have A Nice Day Vol. 18 (1993), where it sounds just fine.

I would guess that every other CD that features the song uses the same analog transfer as Have A Nice Day Vol. 18, except for Varese Sarabande's Best Of, where it runs about two seconds longer. (I don't own Best Of.)

I can confirm that these discs use the same analog transfer as Have A Nice Day Vol. 18:
  • Time-Life's Sounds Of The Seventies Vol. 31 AM Top Twenty (1993; left and right channels are swapped)
  • Time-Life's AM Gold Vol. 23 1976 (1996; digitally exactly 0.5 dB louder)
  • Time-Life's 2-CD Body Talk Vol. 19 Always And Forever (1998; differently-EQ'd digital clone of AM Top Twenty, so that left and right channels are also swapped on this disc)
  • Time-Life's 2-CD Seventies Music Explosion Vol. 1 Sunshine (2005; digitally exactly 1.5 dB louder than AM Top Twenty, so that left and right channels are also swapped on this disc)
All of the above sound just fine, just be mindful that there are a bunch of discs out there that have the left and right channels swapped.

My recommendation: Rhino's Have A Nice Day Vol. 18 (1993), which has the correct left and right channels (I confirmed against two different needledrops.)

Edited by crapfromthepast on 19 September 2016 at 6:56am

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version