Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: seduction’s 4 top 40 hits Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 23 April 2006 at 8:16pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

below is some pertinent information i've have regarding seductions 4 top 40 hits.....i've also transferred some data from another post that is relevant

1-you're my one and only (true love) (summer of '89 radio mix) (4:16)

2-two to make it right (7" remix) (4:16)

3-heartbeat (the clivilles/cole radio mix) (4:54)

4-could this be love (radio mix 1) (4:35)

edtop40

Todd Ireland
MusicFan

Seduction - Two to Make It Right ==> Single version - 4:16. Album version - 4:41. (available on vinyl 45)
The single version is the '7" Remix'. This information comes to you once again courtesy of Edtop40.

Seduction - Heartbeat ==> Album - 7:02. (Whitburn - 4:54) (available on vinyl 45)

Seduction - Could This Be Love ==> Single version - 4:36. Album version - 6:19.
Commercial cassette single copies feature "Radio Edit 1" as the A-side/leadoff track. This is the version I always heard played on radio. The commercial single's B-side "Radio Edit 2" is an edit of the "Quiet Storm Mix" found on Seduction's CD Nothing Matters Without Love (Vendetta/A&M 5280) and has approximately the same run time as Radio Edit 1.

elcoleccionista
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 8:23pm | IP Logged Quote elcoleccionista

Interesting, I didn't know there was a 4:54 edit of "Heartbeat".

The edit I have on a German "Heartbeat" 7" single runs for 3:28.

Back to Top View elcoleccionista's Profile Search for other posts by elcoleccionista

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 8:27pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

well it's not really an edit........it a remix, i believe....

elcoleccionista
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 8:50pm | IP Logged Quote elcoleccionista

Well, the 3:28 version would in truth be a remix, too since it cannot be recreated by editing the 7:03 version on the album.

By the way, the 7:03 "Heartbeat" version on my "Nothing Matters Without Love" CD album is labeled "extended mix", and at that running time it must be.

I also know this version was included on the maxi singles.

Which is then the album version? Was there one at all?
Back to Top View elcoleccionista's Profile Search for other posts by elcoleccionista

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Wow, I never realized a different version of "You're My One and Only (True Love)" was released on commercial single. This means then that the lone CD appearance of this song should contain the comment: (LP version) in the database.

As for which version of "Heartbeat" is considered the album version, I'd go with the one on the Nothing Matters Without Love CD.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 5:08am | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

I have the vinyl 45 of "Heartbeat" and the "A" side is listed as the "Clivilles/Cole Pop Edit" running (3:29)while the "B" side is listed as the "Clivilles/Cole Radio Mix" running (4:55). Does the cassette single reverse the "A" and "B" sides?
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

elcoleccionista
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 1:07pm | IP Logged Quote elcoleccionista

Do you know if any of the above radio edit/mixes is available on CD?

I remember seeing a "Heartbeat" Japanese 3 track 5" CD single with the extended, dub, and a short version which I assume is one of the two Pat mentions.

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 5:23pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

the "heartbeat" cassingle has as program one "the clivilles/cole radio mix" (4:54) and as program two "the cole/clivilles lp version" (7:01).....no 3:29 version on the cassingle.......all of these notes SHOULD BE listed in the database..........as far as if these official singles versions where ever issued on cd.........yes........i have all 4 official singles versions on cdr..........so yes, these single versions are available on cd somewhere.........either promo cd single or imports.......

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 2:15am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

elcoleccionista wrote:
Do you know if any of the above radio edit/mixes is available on CD?

I remember seeing a "Heartbeat" Japanese 3 track 5" CD single with the extended, dub, and a short version which I assume is one of the two Pat mentions.

I believe all four Seduction songs were issued on promo CD singles. (At least, I know for sure "Two to Make It Right", "Heartbeat", and "Could This Be Love" were. I have a copy of the latter.) These promo singles are fairly hard to find, so you're probably looking at spending at least $20 each when you do find them.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

elcoleccionista
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 25 April 2006 at 8:25am | IP Logged Quote elcoleccionista

Thank you Todd!

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 8:39am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

pat, or anybody for that matter, can you confirm that the 45 for "Heartbeat" issued as Vendetta 1473 actually contains a 3:29 version.....i have a commercial 45 issued as vendetta VV-1473 (vv-01473-a). Run-out groove(a&m vv 01473-a-c5-g1) for "the clivilles/cole pop edit".....on the label it states 3:29 but after listening to it, it actually is the "clivilles & cole radio mix" running 4:54....the b side of my 45 states as the version "the clivilles/cole radio mix" vv-1473 (vv-01473-b). Run-out grooves says (a&m vv-01473-b (re1)-c7).....this version sounds like an instrumental with very few vocal and it runs 4:50.....my commercial 45 has NO 3:29 version at all even though it states so on the label.......can anyone confirm my findings......edtop40

Edited by edtop40 on 30 June 2007 at 8:41am

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 30 June 2007 at 12:25pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

My commercial 45 also states a run time of (3:29) but runs (4:54) and has the same matrix number as yours Ed.
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 04 July 2007 at 4:40pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

pat...could you add the notations to the db i listed at the beginning of this post....

eric_a
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 26 December 2008 at 4:01pm | IP Logged Quote eric_a

elcoleccionista wrote:
Well, the 3:28 version would in truth be a remix, too since it cannot be recreated by editing the 7:03 version on the album.

I believe I recreated the (3:29) 7" mix from the (7:03) CD mix. The edit is somewhat complex, with a repeated chorus and an inconsistent pitch change, but it appears to match my vinyl mix.

Here how I recreated the edit from the CD:

Pitch the track up 2.58%; from the resulting file, cut as follows:
o Keep from (0:09.4) to (0:18.9)
o Keep from (0:47.3) to (0:56.7)
o Keep from (1:15.7) to (2:45.4)
o Repeat from (1:43.9) to (2:17.2)
o Keep from (3:47.1) to (4:15.4)
o Then, from (4:15.4) to the end, return to the original pitch (i.e. down 2.52%) - probably an editing mistake, as this audibly drops the key.

In the resulting edit, you should have edits at (0:00), (0:09), (0:19), (1:49), (2:22), and (2:50), and you should fade from (3:16) to (3:29).

Back to Top View eric_a's Profile Search for other posts by eric_a

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 September 2009 at 11:48pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Todd Ireland wrote:
I believe all four Seduction songs were issued on promo CD singles. (At least, I know for sure "Two to Make It Right", "Heartbeat", and "Could This Be Love" were.) These promo singles are fairly hard to find, so you're probably looking at spending at least $20 each when you do find them.
Since I happen to have my promo CD single for "Two To Make It Right" handy, here are the details:

Seduction-"Two To Make It Right" (CD 17914)
1-7" Remix (listed 4:13; actual 4:12)
2-Original 7" (listed 4:13; actual 4:12)
3-The Cole/Clivilles Club Mix (listed 6:22; actual 6:21)
4-The Hip House Vocal Mix (Lead Vocal: Michelle Visage) (listed 6:19; actual 6:18)
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

The reason "You're My One and Only" had different releases was because, surprise surprise, Martha Wash originally did the uncredited lead vocals for the original mixes. The song was basically rerecorded by the finalized lineup of Seduction later on.
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

Jody Thornton
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 03 September 2009 at 3:43pm | IP Logged Quote Jody Thornton

edtop40 wrote:

Really? See I thought that the "Heartbeat" radio version was just the first refrain and chorus repeated a second time. OK I'll send an MP3 to Aaron to comment on. OK, again Aaron, this is what I recreated off my LP, but I REALLY thought that this was how the radio single went.

Back to Top View Jody Thornton's Profile Search for other posts by Jody Thornton Visit Jody Thornton's Homepage

eric_a
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 04 September 2009 at 10:56am | IP Logged Quote eric_a

Jody Thornton wrote:
edtop40 wrote:

Really? See I thought that the "Heartbeat" radio version was just the first refrain and chorus repeated a second time. OK I'll send an MP3 to Aaron to comment on. OK, again Aaron, this is what I recreated off my LP, but I REALLY thought that this was how the radio single went.

I agree with you, Jody. The 3:29 version I referenced in an above post (on one version of the commercial US vinyl single) seems to be cut from the album version, with the strange pitch effects I mentioned. Aligning the tracks in a multitrack editor, I could hear the phasing effects suggesting they're the same source. Granted, it's hard to be 100% sure when comparing an old vinyl source to CD but I'm fairly sure it's not a remix.
Back to Top View eric_a's Profile Search for other posts by eric_a

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 04 September 2009 at 1:17pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Jody Thornton wrote:
OK, again Aaron, this is what I recreated off my LP, but I REALLY thought that this was how the radio single went.

Jody, sorry I can't be of much help on this one. I'm not familiar with this song, and I don't have any versions of it in my collection. Thanks for jumping in with the additional info, Eric!
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

chendagam
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 April 2013 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote chendagam

Can anyone confirm if the 3:30 version does exist since the vinyl 45 is mislabeled? If it does exist on CD can anyone describe it/send it?
Back to Top View chendagam's Profile Search for other posts by chendagam

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version