Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: TLC - Ain’t 2 Proud 2 Beg Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 May 2014 at 9:31pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

In another thread, torcan posted the following:

torcan wrote:
The version with alternate lyrics was played regularly by WKSE, Kiss 98.5 in my area, when the song was a hit. I also have the promo CD single and those lyrics aren't on it. Maybe there was another elusive promo single.

Well, I have finally managed to track down some information on this elusive promo CD, although I do not own the disc.

It was issued on an official promo CD single, but the disc came without any artwork and no printing on the disc. It was just a plain silver, factory-pressed disc with the catalog number etched on the inner ring: LFPCD-4020.

There are two tracks on the disc with reported run times of 4:03 and 3:52. The 4:03 version contains Left Eye's rap on the intro, while the 3:52 version removes the intro. The longer of the two versions, time-wise, matches up with the version issued on Arista's Hot Dance compilation, with an actual run time of 4:01. (I believe the 4:03 time reported to me was what the CD player said and included dead space.)

The promo CD also came with a letter from Arista which read:

April 3, 1992

Here is the TLC edit you requested. Upon listening, you will notice there is less rap in the introduction, and the questionable lyrics have been deleted.

Hopefully, you will now join the rest of America in playing this confirmed Top-5 hit.

Thank you for your patience and support.

So, there you have it. The clean version does exist on a promo CD, and now I will try finding a copy :)

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 05 July 2016 at 1:18pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I'm happy to report I now own this promo CD, and here are further details:

Matrix: 15 LFPCD-4020 RE-4 SRC#1
1. actual 3:52
2. actual 4:01

The first track simply removes the introduction with Left-Eye's spoken "yo, mic check 1-2, 1-2..." For those who have the Arista compilation I mentioned above, you can easily create the 3:52 edit by removing the intro and starting the track on the first drum beat at :09.

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

eriejwg
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 26 August 2016 at 6:36pm | IP Logged Quote eriejwg

Since I don't have the Arista compilation Aaron
mentioned, Can the 4:01 edit be created from the 45
version running 4:09?

Then, with the 4:01 edit, is the 3:52 version an edit or
an early fade?
Back to Top View eriejwg's Profile Search for other posts by eriejwg Visit eriejwg's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version