Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: cher "i found someone" & "we all sleep" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 13 February 2006 at 1:55pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

pat

I FOUND SOMEONE
the 45 issued as geffen 28191 is a slightly different version than the import cd version from the cd "greatest hits 1965-92" and is not like any of the cd versions listed in your database. the 45 version has much more noticeable guitars and drums....it sounds like a remix to me

the only place to find this version is on the uk cd single issued as gef 35cd 920-899-2

also

WE ALL SLEEP ALONE
is listed on the 45's face as a remix and is identical to the import cd version from the above cd

can anyone attest to the song "i found someone" being different on the 45 from any version....

you might want to update the database

edtop40

budaniel
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 2:28pm | IP Logged Quote budaniel

Hey Ed,

I'm not sure if I followed--are you saying the 45s have remixes or the versions on the import CD? Here's some info I have:

I have the import 12" single of "I Found Someone" and it's called the extended remix, and clocks in at 4:06 (original album is 3:42). Remixed by Michael Christopher. How long is the version you're speaking of?

I have a promo CD single of "We All Sleep Alone" that includes the LP version and a remix by Bob Rock, and they both clock in at 3:53.

Let me know if you're saying that the "I found Someone" remix is on the import, because I would love to have this mix on CD.
Back to Top View budaniel's Profile Search for other posts by budaniel Visit budaniel's Homepage

Paul Esch
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 6:01pm | IP Logged Quote Paul Esch

The 45 version of "I Found Someone" sounds like the same
version as is on the CD If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher's Greatest
Hits
(Geffen 24509), at least to me.
     The 45 version of "We All Sleep Alone" is a different mix from the
version on the same CD (the 45 has a cymbal shot before the bridge
at the 1:33 mark, while the CD version has a drum roll).
Back to Top View Paul Esch's Profile Search for other posts by Paul Esch

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 14 February 2006 at 12:05am | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

So if I understand correctly, the only place to find the 45 version of "We All Sleep Alone" on CD in the U.S. is on the promo CD single release?
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Underground Dub
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 July 2006 at 7:06pm | IP Logged Quote Underground Dub

The "common" version of I Found Someone is 3:44 and features loud guitar and louder drum fills, especially noticeable on the fade. I have this version on Cher [1987] (from which it originates), If I Could Turn Back Time: Cher's Greatest Hits, The Very Best Of Cher (US), The Very Best Of Cher (2 CD International Edition) and most recently Gold.

An uncredited different mix appears on Greatest Hits 1965-1992 and The Greatest Hits [1999] (both non-US compilations). Most noticeably, her vocals seem to be treated with a phasing effect and the guitar is not present on the fade out. This runs virtually the same length at 3:43.

Hopefully someone can compare to the US single or could provide insight on which version is which (perhaps one is a fade of the "extended remix"?).

Most noticeable on We All Sleep Alone is that the entire bridge and the final "We all sleep alone..." are resung on the remix. There are too many differences in the music to name.

Back to Top View Underground Dub's Profile Search for other posts by Underground Dub

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 26 July 2006 at 1:16am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

I came across a used DVD of Cher's "Video Hits Collection" and saw it had "We All Sleep Alone". I thought the video might have used the single mix and since this was digital format, I picked up the DVD. It turns out they did not use the single version for the video!

So the import CD and the promo CD single seem to be the only place to get a digital copy of the single mix.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 8:54am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Ed writes:

WE ALL SLEEP ALONE
is listed on the 45's face as a remix and is identical to the import cd version from the above cd ("greatest hits 1965-92")

Ed, I just bought this import CD and it does not have the 45 remix of "We All Sleep Alone", or at least, the actual 45 remix (taken from vinyl) that you sent me a while ago. I assume that mp3 is that actual 45 remix. One very distinguishing factor of the remix is that on her new vocal in the bridge she takes a HUGE breath between "we all" and "sleep alone" at the 2:38 mark. (The original version does not have that.) My import CD of "greatest hits 1965-92" contains the original mix and is printed in Germany, 1992, with an inner ring code of "Sonopress G-5510 / GED24439 A". Yours?

Also, can you verify that your CD of this has the breath at 2:38 as does your original vinyl?

It's possible there are 2 pressings of the CD with the different mixes. If not, then the only place to find this mix on CD is that promo single mentioned above.

Edited by EdisonLite on 09 August 2006 at 9:07am
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 11:41am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

i will review my facts when i get home today.....i will be back later with my findings....

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 5:11pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

ok.....i think i see where the problem is......i might have mixed up the 2 songs by accident in the explaination.......i just listened to the song "we all sleep alone" from the import "greatest hits 1965-92" cd versus the 45 and the 45 version has the distinguished breath at the 2:38 while the "greatest hits" cd DOES NOT have it......what i was trying to say in the original thread was that the import 3" cd single issued as gef 35cd-920-899-2 contains the correct "remix" of "we all sleep alone" as the lead track, BUT after re-listening to the import cd single to the 45.....the 45 runs 0:03 LONGER than the import cd single version.....what i was trying to say is that the 3" cd sgl also contains the correct 45 version of "i found someone" which is track #3 on this 3" import cd single......the greatest hits cd DOES NOT have the correct 45 version of "i found someone" too........hopefully this make it a little clearer.....except the part about the 45 being a few seconds longer......

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 5:14pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

does anyone have the usa promo cd single for the song "we all sleep alone" and what time does it truely run??

Underground Dub
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 11:15pm | IP Logged Quote Underground Dub

I have the "We All Sleep Alone" US Promo CD with both the LP Version and the Remix on it, and the actual time on the CD is 3:55 for both versions.

As for "I Found Someone," I know you compared it to the version on Greatest Hits 1965-1992, but the version on Greatest Hits 1965-1992 is not the original album version as found on her 1987 self-titled album.

So how does the 45 version compare to the actual album version. (The album version is also on: If I Could Turn Back Time-Cher's Greatest Hits; The Very Best Of Cher; and Cher Gold.)
Back to Top View Underground Dub's Profile Search for other posts by Underground Dub

Underground Dub
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 11:27pm | IP Logged Quote Underground Dub

[QUOTE=Paul Esch]      The 45 version of "I Found Someone" sounds like the same
version as is on the CD If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher's Greatest
Hits
(Geffen 24509), at least to me.
[QUOTE]

Oh, wait, maybe the 45 version is the SAME as the album version. That would explain why it's a different mix than GH 1965-1992, cuz the version on GH 1965-92 is NOT the original album version. But the original album version IS on If I Could Turn Back Time-Cher's Greatest Hits.

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 6:26am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

i believe that's right regarding the song "i found someone".....i don't have any of the cd's listed in the db to compare, but i believe all the versions are the same as the 45 version, except the import greatest hits cd......underground dub, i will be sending you a private message in a second....

NightAire
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:09pm | IP Logged Quote NightAire

Has anyone ever found the extended version of "I Found Someone" on CD?

Owasso, Oklahoma USA
Back to Top View NightAire's Profile Search for other posts by NightAire Visit NightAire's Homepage

Underground Dub
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 July 2012 at 7:51pm | IP Logged Quote Underground Dub

NightAire wrote:
Has anyone ever found the extended version of "I Found Someone" on CD?

I don't believe it ever appeared on CD.

Not that it really helps, but the version we were discussing found on the import hits collections "Greatest Hits 1965-1992" and "The Greatest Hits" (1999) is essentially the same mix as the extended version with a shortened intro.

promojunkie
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 July 2021 at 6:32am | IP Logged Quote promojunkie

I was going through my Cher collection and just found
out through another member on here there was an a/c
remix serviced on a promo 45 for We All Sleep Alone.
Does anyone have the promo 45? I am curious what the
mix difference is? I have the promo cd and promo 45
with the remix and am assuming there is a difference
since there is an a/c remix promo 45 as well.

Edited by promojunkie on 19 July 2021 at 6:33am

PopArchivist
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 July 2021 at 7:31pm | IP Logged Quote PopArchivist

promojunkie wrote:
I was going through my Cher collection and just found
out through another member on here there was an a/c
remix serviced on a promo 45 for We All Sleep Alone.
Does anyone have the promo 45? I am curious what the
mix difference is? I have the promo cd and promo 45
with the remix and am assuming there is a difference
since there is an a/c remix promo 45 as well.

That was me. There is an A/C remix I've been looking at for quite a few years but I dont think it made it to CD.

prisdeej
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 04 September 2022 at 9:23pm | IP Logged Quote prisdeej

PopArchivist wrote:

That was me. There is an A/C remix I've been looking at for
quite a few years but I dont think it made it to CD.

Just by giving the AC Mix from the promo 45 a courtesy
listen nothing really stands out versus the Remix which is
Track 2 on the promo CD single. Maybe someone else can
point out any differences?

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version