Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Bryan Adams - Cuts Like A Knife Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Dale in Edmontn
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07 August 2012 at 8:49pm | IP Logged Quote Dale in Edmontn

Have you been looking for the single version of Bryan Adams' Cuts Like A Knife? I couldn't find any references to it in the forum. It's available on the compilation "Oh What A Feeling - A Vital Collection Of Canadian Music". The track plays 4:01 versus the 45 label time of 3:59. If anybody needs to to "A/B", let me know! :)     
Back to Top View Dale in Edmontn's Profile Search for other posts by Dale in Edmontn

davidclark
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 9:52pm | IP Logged Quote davidclark

perhaps this is the DJ edit or a Canadian 45, as Pat states "commercial copies
all stated a running time of (5:16) but actually run (4:59)" for the U.S. 45
(which fades earlier than the LP length). Dale, do you have a CAD 45 to
verify?

p.s...welcome aboard to the board!

NightAire
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 12:38am | IP Logged Quote NightAire

Sounds like this is the DJ edit; very cool catch!

(It's not in the database because this would be considered an "import" and the database only lists domestic releases in the United States.)

Owasso, Oklahoma USA
Back to Top View NightAire's Profile Search for other posts by NightAire Visit NightAire's Homepage

Dale in Edmontn
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:25am | IP Logged Quote Dale in Edmontn

Yes, I have a "promotional only" copy of this 45 - it's one of the few promo 45's I have left after a regretful "purge" years ago. The label says it's playing time is 3:59 but on my turntable it plays just a little beyond that to 4:01. The Label is A&M with a catalog #PR 2553. It is from Canada. I'd been looking for the CD version of the song for quite some time when I stumbled across it while looking for another song. Dontcha love when that happens? ;)    
Back to Top View Dale in Edmontn's Profile Search for other posts by Dale in Edmontn

torcan
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged Quote torcan

Dale in Edmontn wrote:
Yes, I have a "promotional only" copy of this 45 - it's one of the few promo 45's I have left after a regretful "purge" years ago. The label says it's playing time is 3:59 but on my turntable it plays just a little beyond that to 4:01. The Label is A&M with a catalog #PR 2553. It is from Canada. I'd been looking for the CD version of the song for quite some time when I stumbled across it while looking for another song. Dontcha love when that happens? ;)    

Hmmm...that's odd because I have a Canadian promo 45 on A&M 602, with a 3:56 edited version on one side, and the 5:16 album version on the other. I believe all Canadian commercial 45s ran 5:16. I also have the US 45 that states 5:16 on the label.

Looks like there could have been more than one Canadian promo 45 for this song. Mine also came with a cool promo-only picture sleeve.
Back to Top View torcan's Profile Search for other posts by torcan

Dale in Edmontn
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged Quote Dale in Edmontn

torcan wrote:
Dale in Edmontn wrote:

Hmmm...that's odd because I have a Canadian promo 45 on A&M 602, with a 3:56 edited version on one side, and the 5:16 album version on the other. I believe all Canadian commercial 45s ran 5:16. I also have the US 45 that states 5:16 on the label.

Looks like there could have been more than one Canadian promo 45 for this song. Mine also came with a cool promo-only picture sleeve.

That IS interesting. I got a TON of promo only 45's from a DJ in a nightclub that I became friendly with in the early 80's. The club was called "Night Fever" believe it or not! LOL! Anyway, one night, he played a version of "She Blinded Me With Science" that I really liked. So, I asked the DJ what version he had and where he got it. He showed me the DJ promo copy he had, and that was my beginning of the obsession with finding single/DJ versions of Top 40 hits! Long story short, he eventually packed up his DJ job at that club to get a "real job" and he bequeathed me a number of his 45's, the Bryan Adams one being amongst them. I only kept the ones that I was never able to find on CD, and now, I guess I can toss the Bryan Adams one, too! ;)    

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version