Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: H-Town - Knockin’ Da Boots Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 05 February 2006 at 7:29pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

The listing in the database for H-Town "Knockin' Da Boots" on Strip Jointz currently says "neither the 45 or LP version." The version appearing on this disc is the DJ edit. When I played it on the air back in the mid 90s, I used a radio compilation disc that called it "Top 40 Edit." I'm not sure if this is the same as the "Single Version" that appears on CD & 12" copies of the song.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 7:28am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

the cassingle version of the song "knockin' da boots" contains the "single version" and runs 4:33......i found that version on an import cd single......the version from "strip jointz" is NOT the same as the cassingle version.....i beleive the strip jointz version runs a little shorter.....

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 February 2006 at 7:47pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Actually, there was some discussion about "Knockin' Da Boots" in the "Single/album version distinctions..." message thread a while back. It was determined the version issued on the Strip Jointz CD, which Aaron identifies as the "Top 40 Edit", is essentially the same as the 45 version except the spoken dialogue and background vocals during the first :33 are missing. The song also fades out :05 sooner on the Strip Jointz CD than on the comercial single version.

Edited by Todd Ireland on 07 February 2006 at 7:51pm
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08 February 2006 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Thanks for the refresh, Todd. I thought we had discussed this one before, but I couldn't remember which thread. Anyhow, the Strip Jointz listing should read "dj edit" and not "neither."
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 March 2008 at 12:45pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

here is the comment todd made way back when regarding the song "knockin' da boots" by h-town from 1993

H-Town - Knockin' Da Boots ==> Single version - 4:32. Album version - 5:27.
Ed was kind enough to e-mail me an mp3 of the "single version" from his commercial cassette single copy. I compared it to the 4:27 version on the Strip Jointz - Hot Songs for Sexy Dancers (Robbins 75002) CD and made an interesting discovery. The 4:27 version on the Strip Jointz CD is essentially the single version except it's missing the spoken dialogue and background vocals during the first :33. The song also fades out :05 sooner on this CD than on the comercial single version. I'm not aware if a promo CD was ever issued for this song containing a "no talk" intro.

my cassingle issued as luke 161 contains, as the A-side, the "single version" which has a stated run time from the sleeve of 4:33, but actually runs 4:27......i've included images of the cassingle sleeve as well as the A side of the cassingle itself....i was able to re-create the proper cassingle version from the import cd single which actually runs a little long....if you fade that cd single version out from the 4:14 mark to 4:28 you'll re-create the cassingle version....

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06 March 2008 at 8:37pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

Ed,

Back on February 7, 2006 you posted an actual running time of the cassette single as (4:33) and now you are posting (4:27)?

Can you please reduce the size of your images as they are expanding the verbage to where it goes way off the screen and makes priting much more difficult.
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 March 2008 at 9:04pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

i noticed that.....i started making the images smaller....i will re-check the cassingles run time again....

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 March 2008 at 9:25pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

the actual running time of the "single version" from the cassingle is 4:27....the first note i entered i took from my top 40 book which was incorrect.....i just listened to it again and made the proper fade, so the correct run time is 4:27

prisdeej
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 February 2019 at 4:51pm | IP Logged Quote prisdeej

Just bumping this up to see if anyone know's if the "Top 40 Edit" on Strip Jointz was ever
issued on a promo CD?

Edited by prisdeej on 06 February 2019 at 4:52pm

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06 February 2019 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I've not had any luck finding it on a promo CD single, but the CD I
referenced earlier in the thread is a Hitmakers promo compilation.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version