Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Europe - The Final Countdown Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
crapfromthepast
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 May 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged Quote crapfromthepast

The TV show Arrested Development ruined the song for me, but in a good way.

Dug out my promo 45 for this song. White label Epic 34-06416, identical stereo on both sides, printed 3:59, actual 4:01, 117.6 BPM throughout. I think the commercial 45 is the same.

There are a bunch of oddly-timed versions out there, so I thought I'd sort things out, from shortest to longest.

3:32 (including outro silence) - Realm's Gold And Platinum Vol. 4 (1988) - it's an early fade; it's also digitally identical to Heart Of Rock until 3:17, but with an added fade from 3:17 to 3:30

3:55 (including outro silence) - EMI UK's 2-CD Now 1986 (1993) - it's the 45 version but with a shortened fade

3:59 (including outro silence) - Warner Special Products' Eighteen Rock Hard Hits Vol. 1 (1997) - it's the 45 version but with a truncated fade

4:01 (including outro silence) - Columbia's Heart Of Rock - the 45 version, with an untruncated fade that seems to end about 2 seconds before the true 45 (I think it's as close as you'll get to the true 45 on CD)

4:08 (including outro silence) - The A List (1994) - homemade fade from TM Century; has NR; sounds extremely close to Golddisc 149 and 8503 but absolute polarity inverted, runs longer than 45, also has noise reduction (avoid!)

4:13 (including outro silence) - Skifan Iceland's Pottþétt 80's - incorrect edit that doesn't quite match 45

5:07-5:10 - there are a few; all LP version

Edited by crapfromthepast on 19 May 2011 at 6:50am
Back to Top View crapfromthepast's Profile Search for other posts by crapfromthepast Visit crapfromthepast's Homepage

NightAire
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:44am | IP Logged Quote NightAire

Perhaps this was clear to others from CFTP's post, but I just realized you can't really make the true 45 version from the LP version.

The drum fill at the beginning of the 45 is solo... no keyboards behind them. That same drum fill is on the LP version, but has the keyboards that have been building for the entire into behind them.

Other than that, the 45 is just an early fade of the LP version... but that into makes a TRUE duplicate of the 45 impossible.

Owasso, Oklahoma USA
Back to Top View NightAire's Profile Search for other posts by NightAire Visit NightAire's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version