Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: La Bouche - Sweet Dreams Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 07 September 2010 at 10:03pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

A long time ago, in the "single/album versions" thread, "Sweet Dreams" was briefly discussed. Although the lead track on the commercial single is the "Radio Edit 1," which does not contain any rap, this is not the version I remember hearing on the air. Our station always played a version called "Radio Version," which was the same as the LP version and did contain rap.

Also, it is important to note that the "Radio Edit 2" on the commercial CD single does contain rap, but it's a different guy rapping than on the LP/Radio Version. If anyone has the promo, it would be helpful to include details in the database. For now, here is my commercial CD single info:

RCA 64505-2
1. Radio Edit 1 (3:09 listed & actual)
2. Radio Edit 2 (3:32 listed; 3:23 actual)
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 11:21pm | IP Logged Quote jimct

Aaron, I have both a promo CD single and a differently-configured-than-yours commercial CD single for this one, and here are the particulars:

-La Bouche-"Sweet Dreams" (RDJ 64478-2)
1-Radio Edit 1 (listed & actual 3:09)
2-Radio Edit 2 (listed 3:32; actual 3:23)
3-Spike Edit (listed 4:27; actual 3:47)
4-Stylefree Edit (listed 4:04; actual 4:05)
5-Europlay Edit (listed 4:00; actual 3:58)

-La Bouche-"Sweet Dreams" (RCA 64504-2)
1-Club Mix (listed 4:55; actual 4:48)
2-Spike Mix (listed 8:29; actual 8:30)
3-Loveland UK Mix (listed 7:00; actual 7:01)
4-Italian #1 Mix (listed 5:09; actual 5:04)
5-Oriental Mix (listed 5:17; actual 5:18)
6-Stylin Free Spike (listed 8:18; actual 7:39)    
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 11:39pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Hmm, were there possibly 2 promo singles? I recall the syndicated countdown shows also playing the album version. My old station played it from a Chartbreakers radio compilation disc, and it was the album version. I don't remember if it had a named version on that disc. TM's HitDisc, which is the album version, is labeled as "Radio Version."

Also, I do own the commercial CD maxi single with the long club mixes. Thanks for posting!

Edited by aaronk on 07 September 2010 at 11:39pm
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 08 September 2010 at 8:00am | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Here's a little more info on the "Radio Version." TM Century issued this in 1994 on a European HitDisc, as it was the first La Bouche hit in several other countries (long before "Be My Lover" became their first hit in the US). The commercial CD single in those parts of the world had the "Radio Version" as the lead track, which was used on the US pressing of the full-length album (and possibly other pressings around the world, too).

Based on this, I would say Jim's promo CD was likely the only one issued in the US for "Sweet Dreams" and that the radio stations who played the "Radio Version" (aka LP version) were either playing it from the import CD single, full-length album, or one of the radio music services who issued the LP/Radio Version instead of the hit "Radio Edit 1."

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version