Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Dylan MONO boxed set coming Oct. 19th!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 01 August 2010 at 12:26pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Surprised I hadn't heard about this until today, but pretty exciting news. Will contain his first eight albums, digitally remastered from the original mono masters:

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Mono-Recordings-Bob-Dylan/dp/ B003XRDYX2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280509828&sr=1-3

Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 September 2010 at 3:54pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

GREAT NEWS! For those who want the hits in their mono single mixes and don't want to splurge on the box set, Sony will be releasing a one-disc greatest hits called "Best of The Original Mono Recordings."

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Original-Mono-Recordings/dp/B0041 OJ0WU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1283686510&sr=1-1

And... this one-disc title will contain "Positively 4th Street," which is (apparently) missing from the mono box set, as it was not an one of the original albums; it was a single-only release at the time. (Though we don't know that for sure, yet, since an actual tracklisting from the boxed set has yet to be released.)

Edited by Brian W. on 06 September 2010 at 3:56pm

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 September 2010 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

This would've been a golden opportunity to include the extremely-elusive-on-CD Top 40 hit "George Jackson" on the new Best of the Original Mono Recordings disc, but unfortunately no dice. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to finally hearing on CD the original mono mixes of all the major Bob Dylan singles. And the current pre-order price for this title on Amazon is only $9.99. Yet another CD to add to my never ending shopping list!
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 September 2010 at 10:51pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Todd Ireland wrote:
This would've been a golden opportunity to include the extremely-elusive-on-CD Top 40 hit "George Jackson" on the new Best of the Original Mono Recordings disc, but unfortunately no dice. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to finally hearing on CD the original mono mixes of all the major Bob Dylan singles. And the current pre-order price for this title on Amazon is only $9.99. Yet another CD to add to my never ending shopping list!

That single came out in 1972, so it would have been stereo.

Hykker
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 10:20am | IP Logged Quote Hykker

I'm not very familiar with Bob's early albums, but ISTR that one of them had a couple of tracks replaced with "less controversial" ones somewhere along the way. Anybody know which version is included in this set (or is it a composite of the two?)?
Back to Top View Hykker's Profile Search for other posts by Hykker

Gary Mack
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 5:43pm | IP Logged Quote Gary Mack

Brian W. wrote:
Todd Ireland wrote:

That single came out in 1972, so it would have been stereo.

'Twas....both sides (big band and acoustic versions). The George Jackson run time was listed as 5:33, though I don't have an actual time.

GM
Back to Top View Gary Mack's Profile Search for other posts by Gary Mack

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 9:19pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Gary Mack wrote:
'Twas....both sides (big band and acoustic versions). The George Jackson run time was listed as 5:33, though I don't have an actual time.

GM

Actually, both sides of the 45 are listed as stereo, but the acoustic side is mono. I did a needledrop of both sides and was surprised that the acoustic side was actually mono.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version