Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Starship - It’s Not Over (’Til It’s Over) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
thecdguy
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 December 2020 at 8:35am | IP Logged Quote thecdguy

By the way, not to get too far off the subject of "It's Not Over...", but another single from the "No Protection" album was "Set The
Night To Music", the same song that would be a hit 4 years later for Roberta Flack & Maxi Priest. Discogs shows a commercial 45 in
the US with a running time of 4:12 and a promo with that same 4:12 version being listed as "(Edited)". Does anyone know if this edit
exists on CD at all, or if it can be extracted from the longer Album Version? I don't see any promo CD single listings for it. This
song didn't hit the Pop Chart but did make the Top 10 (#9) on the AC chart.

Thanks for any help with this.

NightAire
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 December 2020 at 2:02pm | IP Logged Quote NightAire

EDITED

John, I see Aaron mention above it starts at 2:44 and the difference in length is about 15 seconds.

My "quick and dirty" edit to match the short version has the edit starting at about 2:45.155 and going to 3:00.120 to remove 14.965 seconds but I suspect these marker might move a hair one way or the other to get a slightly cleaner edit and to truly match the single.

The only tricky part is that the edit doesn't start on the snare at 2:44.654; it's a hair later, into the guitar chord, starting on the downbeat of one and there's not a great clear beat in the waveform to edit on there.

Still, if you want to be accurate, that's where you chop from, take out 32 beats, and pick back up with the downbeat of 1 after the snare at 2:59.633.

I hope this helps!

Edited by NightAire on 27 December 2020 at 5:21pm

Owasso, Oklahoma USA
Back to Top View NightAire's Profile Search for other posts by NightAire Visit NightAire's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version