Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Miguel Rios-"A Song Of Joy" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 04 April 2007 at 4:16am | IP Logged Quote jimct

My commercial 45, which is stereo, has a listed time of (4:45), but an actual time of (4:41).

Edited by jimct on 04 April 2007 at 4:46am
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

maciav
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 February 2008 at 3:51pm | IP Logged Quote maciav

Can anybody tell me if this single exists anywhere on an import CD (IN ENGLISH) since it is not available domestically? I ordered an import CD ("Grandes Exitos" or something like that) from a company who shall rename nameless to protect its identity (but whose name sounds an awful lot like the second longest river in the world that flows through South America), and based on their vague product description (not unusual for this company when you think about it), I got burned. The item showed "Himno de la Alegria (Song of Joy)", but when the disc arrived, it was "Himno de la Alegria" and not "Song of Joy". In other words, it was the Spanish version. Perhaps I should have ordered a disc from Michael Rivers; maybe this major company would have gotten its product description right. Anyway, any help somebody can provide me would be greatly appreciated. This song was on the original American Top 40 countdown from July 4, 1970, and I would really like to get it on CD.
Thanks.
Mike

AndrewChouffi
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 February 2008 at 5:32pm | IP Logged Quote AndrewChouffi

Hi Mike,

The correct version is on a Japanese A&M various artists CD which I own; when I get out of work I will report back with title & catolog number.

Andy

Edited by AndrewChouffi on 01 February 2008 at 5:32pm
Back to Top View AndrewChouffi's Profile Search for other posts by AndrewChouffi

rnell
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 February 2008 at 6:28pm | IP Logged Quote rnell

I have the correct version (it's 4.41 long and sung in english) in a brazilian CD (Hits of the 70s Catalogue # EMI 499168 2). Version in Dutch BR Music Definite 70s Vol. 1 is the original version but is shorter (4.21) as it skips the instrumental intro.
Back to Top View rnell's Profile Search for other posts by rnell

maciav
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 February 2008 at 7:23am | IP Logged Quote maciav

Thank you Andrew and rnell. Since I don't post much, I hope nobody found my "breaking the ice" attempt at humor in my post to be obnoxious. That certainly wasn't my intent. You know how that goes: sometimes after you push the button you ask yourself, "Did that come out right?" since we aren't talking face-to-face. And I do get most of my music from the company I ribbed in my post, just for the record. Most of the time I am quite happy with them.

Anyway guys, I really appreciate the information. My next question would be: how do you go about finding these discs? They sound pretty rare.

Thanks.
Mike

AndrewChouffi
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 February 2008 at 11:55am | IP Logged Quote AndrewChouffi

Hi Mike,

The CD with the correct "A Song Of Joy" is titled 'A&M Prime Cuts' [A&M PCCY-10158 Japan - distributed by Pony Canyon].

If you're looking for an original pressing, do a periodic google & ebay search and hopefully it will eventually come up.

Andy

Back to Top View AndrewChouffi's Profile Search for other posts by AndrewChouffi

Bill Cahill
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 February 2008 at 6:14pm | IP Logged Quote Bill Cahill

It's also found on the British import, "A Time To Remember, 20 Original Chart Hits from 1970" It's on EMI. I believe that this series was dumped in the US discount bins, I found it in the overstock section in that back of a mall CD store in Albany (Andy that would be Colonie Center)

The CD was part of a series that was also sold domestically with greeting cards although I suspect that was an overstock dump also.

You might be able to find it cheap, and it's notable because it also contains the McGuinness Flint and CCS hits, which are not easy to find on CD.

Edited by Bill Cahill on 02 February 2008 at 6:14pm
Back to Top View Bill Cahill's Profile Search for other posts by Bill Cahill

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 02 February 2008 at 10:37pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Like Bill, I have "A Song of Joy" on the A Time to Remember, 20 Original Chart Hits from 1970 CD. I bought the disc on Amazon several years ago and it wasn't hard to find at the time, but I think the CD may be out-of-print now.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

maciav
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 13 February 2008 at 7:56pm | IP Logged Quote maciav

Bill, Andrew, and Todd,
I got a disc with this song on it thanks to all of your help. I ended up getting "A Time to Remember 1970" because it was what was available. And as an added bonus, I had never heard a Led Zeppelin tune redone with flutes and horns. That song is a trip! Thanks again.
Mike in PA

Santi Paradoa
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 18 July 2012 at 2:09pm | IP Logged Quote Santi Paradoa

This song is finally going to appear on a US CD release in Sept. on a Eric Records volume of Hard To Find 45s On CD.

Edited by Santi Paradoa on 19 July 2012 at 4:28pm

rnell
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 2:38pm | IP Logged Quote rnell

Any news about the other tracks in these new Hard to find 45s Cds (vol. 13 & 14)? I've been searching for additional info with no luck. Amazon lists them but no track info.
Back to Top View rnell's Profile Search for other posts by rnell

Santi Paradoa
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 19 July 2012 at 4:27pm | IP Logged Quote Santi Paradoa

Raul:
I went ahead and posted new topics for each future release for you and any others that would like this info.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version