Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: "Object of My Desire" - Starpoint Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 23 January 2007 at 8:01pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Pat:

I have the Top 40 hit "Object of My Desire" by Starpoint on a CD called Object of My Desire and Other Hits which was released on the Flashback label in 2006. The disc contains the LP version with a run time of 5:04. The catalog number is Flashback 74098. You might want to incorporate this info into the database.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

Too funny - earlier that same day you posted this, Todd, I, too, bought the "Object of My Desire and Other Hits" CD! Glad to see there's FINALLY a compilation on Starpoint, even if it only covers their middle and later years (bought the "Restless" album on cassette back when "Object..." first cracked the top 40)...

But while we're on the subject, two other important points you failed to mention about the song:

1) The 10th edition of Pat's book claims that "Object of My Desire" was a hit from 1986; it was actually '85, at least in "Billboard", and that goes for both the pop and r&b charts (don't know if he's since corrected this in the database), and

2) Missing from the 10th edition of Pat's book (and I assume the database as well) is the availability of what I have to believe is the 45 version of "Object..." on a 1998 U.S. CD by Various Artists titled "Old School Jams" (Thump TH4200-2), which I have. On that one, it clocks in at (3:53); Joel Whitburn's "Pop Annual" claims the 45 length is (3:51), so collectors here of 45 versions on CD should apparently take note, since the "Restless" and "Object of My Desire and Other Hits" CDs both contain the longer LP version (and Pat's book shows no other U.S. CD listings for the song besides the parent "Restless" album!)...
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version