Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: Top 40 Hits still not on cd in the US Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Santi Paradoa
MusicFan
MusicFan

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 30 April 2012 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote Santi Paradoa

Paul Haney wrote:
Pat Downey wrote:
Now is there a 45 vs LP version issue on the song "Shine Shine" as I do not have the LP or 45?
Pat, our commercial 45 states (4:30), but runs (4:42).
The entire Now Voyager CD is now on iTunes (including "Shine Shine").

JL328
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 6:12am | IP Logged Quote JL328

Santi Paradoa wrote:
Paul Haney wrote:
Pat Downey wrote:
Now is there a 45 vs LP version issue on the song "Shine Shine" as I do not have the LP or 45?
Pat, our commercial 45 states (4:30), but runs (4:42).
The entire Now Voyager CD is now on iTunes (including "Shine Shine").
In the last few months, a number of "lost" 80s tunes have been popping up on iTunes. In addition to "Shine Shine" by Barry Gibb and "Boys Do Fall in Love" by Robin Gibb, the following songs are now, finally, available on iTunes as well:

Don't Give it Up-- Robbie Patton
If I Had My Wish-- David Lasley
That's Love-- Jim Capaldi
So Wrong-- Patrick Simmons

Without looking at the db, I think all of these songs are otherwise available on cd, but the cds on which these songs appear are long out of print and ridiculously expensive on the secondary market.
Back to Top View JL328's Profile Search for other posts by JL328

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:49am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

"Don't Give It Up" wouldn't be in the database. It only exists on an import CD from France, and was taken from vinyl, and the software used to clean the recording took the life out of it (and the music out of it). It's the least-bright recording I've ever heard, and if you turn the treble up to 10, it's still the least-bright recording ever heard.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

Santi Paradoa
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 14 September 2014 at 6:53pm | IP Logged Quote Santi Paradoa

EdisonLite wrote:
"Don't Give It Up" wouldn't be in the
database. It only exists on an import CD from France, and
was taken from vinyl, and the software used to clean the
recording took the life out of it (and the music out of
it). It's the least-bright recording I've ever heard, and
if you turn the treble up to 10, it's still the least-
bright recording ever heard.
Anyone know if the
digital download sounds just as bad?

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 14 September 2014 at 9:51pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

Santi Paradoa wrote:
Anyone know if the
digital download sounds just as bad?

I have a really clean copy of that song. PM me.

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 15 September 2014 at 6:01am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

No Santi, the digital download sounds like it came from master tape.
Back to Top View EdisonLite's Profile Search for other posts by EdisonLite Visit EdisonLite's Homepage

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 15 September 2014 at 6:10am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

I looked at the very first post in this thread - from Pat - listing the songs that had yet to appear on CD. I specifically looked at the '70s and '80s titles, and since this list was created nearly 10 years ago, I was curious to see how many '70s/'80s hits have since appeared on domestic CD since then. I was VERY surprised to see how little there was that's since been released in the past decade!

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 4:52pm | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

EdisonLite wrote:
I looked at the very first post in this thread - from Pat - listing the songs that had yet to appear on CD. I specifically looked at the '70s and '80s titles, and since this list was created nearly 10 years ago, I was curious to see how many '70s/'80s hits have since appeared on domestic CD since then. I was VERY surprised to see how little there was that's since been released in the past decade!

Time flies! October 12 will actually mark the 10th anniversary of this chat board - well, since it was opened to folks outside of Pat's administration, anyway - and I joined two days later, on 14 October 2004. (Had just purchased the 10th edition of Pat's book weeks earlier.) I remember this thread well. :-) So because it has now (for argument's sake) been a full decade since Pat left the list in the very first post in this thread on 05 February 2005, and because the '70s & '80s are by far my two favorite decades of interest as well, after reading your post, I decided it would be fun to go ahead and crunch the numbers, just to see how much merit your surprise/disappointment had. (And heck, since I've finally become a registered user of the on-line database, I could actually look up the current listings, so why not put that new access to some good use, lol...)

After a detailed analysis of all the titles from the '70s & '80s, the numbers are in, and they're actually fairly decent, IMO. (Drum roll...) It turns out 18 of the 39 (46.2%) top 40 hits from the '70s that were unavailable on U.S. CD ten years ago have since made their debut, along w/ 10 of the 24 (41.7%) top 40 hits from the '80s. So combined, that's 28 out of 63 - or 44.4% - that we've been able to scratch from the era you specified. (Hardly my definition of "little", but your mileage may vary.) By far, the most credit goes to the Wounded Bird label for filling in the largest number of gaps from this period, w/ nods to Eric, Renaissance, and Collectables as well. We're now down to just 35 songs from the '70s & '80s that are still MIA on U.S. CDs...

In chronological order, as of February 2005, this was the complete list of 63 missing songs dating from the '70s & '80s, w/ the 28 that have since made their U.S. CD debut shown in bold, complete w/ where & when:

1970 FIVE FLIGHTS UP - "Do What You Wanna Do" (V/A compilation Hard to Find 45s on CD, Vol. 13: The Love Album on ERIC 11531 on 09/18/12)
1970 ANDY KIM - "Be My Baby"
1970 NEIGHBORHOOD - "Big Yellow Taxi"
1970 NEW SEEKERS - "Look What They've Done to My Song Ma" (original parent album as a 2-on-1, Beautiful People/Circles, on WOUNDED BIRD 4088 on 11/11/08; V/A compilation Hard to Find 45s on CD, Vol. 11: Sugar Pop Classics on ERIC 11529 on 02/16/10 + two others)
1970 ORIGINAL CASTE - "One Tin Soldier" (original parent album, One Tin Soldier, on FUEL 302061910 on 05/15/12)
1970 MIGUEL RIOS - "Song of Joy" (V/A compilation Hard to Find 45s on CD, Vol. 13: The Love Album on ERIC 11531 on 09/18/12)
1970 LENNY WELCH - "Breaking Up is Hard to Do"
1971 C COMPANY featuring TERRY NELSON - "Battle Hymn of Lt. Calley"
1972 DENNIS COFFEY AND THE DETROIT GUITAR BAND - "Taurus" (Absolutely the Best of... on FUEL 302061870 on 02/15/11)
1972 DETROIT EMERALDS - "Baby Let Me Take You (In My Arms)"
1972 DETROIT EMERALDS - "You Want it, You Got It" (re-recording on two CDs)
1972 BOB DYLAN - "George Jackson" (V/A compilation Listen, Whitey! on LIGHT IN THE ATTIC 081 on 02/28/12)
1972 JOEY HEATHERTON - "Gone" (original parent album, Joey Heatherton, on HIP-O SELECT B0003627 on 11/29/04)
1972 THINK - "Once You Understand"
1972 PAUL McCARTNEY - "Give Ireland Back to the Irish" (shown as by WINGS in 2005)
1972 DENNIS YOST AND THE CLASSICS IV - "What Am I Crying For?"
1973 OHIO PLAYERS - "Ecstasy" (original parent album, Ecstasy, on WESTBOUND 772021 on 03/13/07)
1973 PERSUADERS - "Some Guys Have All the Luck" (V/A compilation Atlantic Soul (1959-1975) (Box Set) on RHINO HAND MADE 7739 on 11/20/07)
1974 CLIFF DeYOUNG - "My Sweet Lady"
1974 FANCY - "Touch Me" (original parent album, Wild Thing, on COLLECTABLES 7770 on 03/21/06)
1974 FANCY - "Wild Thing" (original parent album, Wild Thing, on COLLECTABLES 7770 on 03/21/06)
1974 SAMI JO - "Tell Me a Lie"
1974 ANDY KIM - "Fire, Baby I'm on Fire"
1974 SAM NEELY - "You Can Have Her" (bonus track on older album, Neely 2, on TALIESYN MUSIC 1008 on ??/??/02)
1974 WEDNESDAY - "Last Kiss" (digital download only)
1975 FANNY - "Butter Boy"
1975 JOHN FOGERTY - "Rockin' All Over the World" (live version on one CD)
1975 HAMILTON, JOE FRANK & REYNOLDS - "Winners and Losers" (The Playboy Years on RENAISSANCE 0144 on 10/25/05; V/A compilation Hard to Find 45s on CD, Vol. 13: The Love Album on ERIC 11531 on 09/18/12)
1975 TONY ORLANDO & DAWN - "You're All I Need to Get By" (original parent album, To Be With You, on R2 ENTERTAINMENT 7306 on 09/13/05; The Yellow Ribbon Collection (Box Set) on R2 ENTERTAINMENT 7308 on 09/13/05)
1975 BOBBY VINTON - "Beer Barrel Polka" (re-recording on one CD)
1976 WING AND A PRAYER FIFE & DRUM CORPS. - "Baby Face"
1977 SEALS & CROFTS - "My Fair Share" (original parent album, O.S.T. One on One, on WOUNDED BIRD 3076 on 09/03/07)
1977 STALLION - "Old Fashioned Boy (You're the One)"
1977 WILTON PLACE STREET BAND - "Disco Lucy (I Love Lucy Theme)" (segued version on one CD)
1978 JOHNNY RIVERS - "Curious Mind (Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um)" (Secret Agent Man: The Ultimate Anthology 1964-2006 on SHOUT! FACTORY 31011 on 09/12/06)
1979 HERMAN BROOD - "Saturdaynight"
1979 CHANSON - "Don't Hold Back" (original parent album, Chanson, on FUNKYTOWN GROOVES 0378 on 05/20/14; also includes 45 version)
1979 MARSHALL HAIN - "Dancing in the City"
1979 GERRY RAFFERTY - "Days Gone Down (Still Got the Light in Your Eyes)" (original parent album as a 2-on-1, City to City/Night Owl, on COLLECTABLES 2919 on 01/30/07)

1980 DR. HOOK - "Girls Can Get It" (Greatest Hooks on CAPITOL 95766 on 07/31/07; Icon on CAPITOL B0019917 on 03/11/14)
1980 WAYNE NEWTON - "Years" (re-recording on one CD)
1980 JIMMY RUFFIN - "Hold On to My Love" (shortened version on one CD + re-recording on two CDs)
1981 BEACH BOYS - "The Beach Boys Medley" (four-song CD single titled "Sounds of Summer Singles" on CAPITOL 90000 on 05/27/03)
1981 ROBBIE PATTON - "Don't Give it Up" (digital download only)
1981 JIM PHOTOGLO - "Fool in Love with You"
1981 CLIFF RICHARD - "Give a Little Bit More" (digital download only)
1981 STEVIE WOODS - "Steal the Night" (original parent album, Take Me to Your Heaven, on WOUNDED BIRD 5229 on 08/03/10)
1982 BEATLES - "The Beatles' Movie Medley"
1982 TANE CAIN - "Holding On" (original parent album, Tane Cain, on RENAISSANCE 0267, on 08/11/09)
1982 GREG GUIDRY - "Goin' Down"
1982 DAVID LASLEY - "If I Had My Wish Tonight" (original parent album, Missin' Twenty Grand, on ZACODA 2001 on ??/??/01)
1982 BARRY MANILOW - "Oh Julie"
1982 MECO - "Pop Goes the Movies (Part 1)"
1982 EDDIE SCHWARTZ - "All Our Tomorrows" (digital download only)
1982 STEVIE WOODS - "Just Can't Win 'em All" (original parent album, Take Me to Your Heaven, on WOUNDED BIRD 5229 on 08/03/10)
1983 MAC McANALLY - "Minimum Love"
1983 MICHAEL SEMBELLO - "Automatic Man" (original parent album, Bossa Nova Hotel, on WOUNDED BIRD 3920 on 07/17/07)
1983 PATRICK SIMMONS - "So Wrong" (original parent album, Arcade, on WOUNDED BIRD 225 on 02/20/07)
1983 PIA ZADORA - "The Clapping Song"
1984 TONY CAREY - "The First Day of Summer" (original parent album, Some Tough City, on RENAISSANCE 354 on 09/16/08; A Lonely Life - The Anthology on RENAISSANCE 353 on 05/13/08)
1985 JOHN HUNTER - "Tragedy"
1986 MARILYN MARTIN - "Night Moves" (original parent album, Marilyn Martin, on WOUNDED BIRD 1292 on 08/02/05)
1986 PAUL McCARTNEY - "Spies Like Us"

I must thank Todd Ireland for an assist in this, as his post from 13 February 2005 - where he took the time to break down Pat's original list into decades - saved me a bundle of time in compiling this, by making it easy to skip over the 200+ titles that dated from the '50s & '60s, which I have little interest in. (Anyone here care to tackle the stats from those two decades, now that we've reached the 10-year marker???)

Over the course of researching Todd's modified list of Pat's original, I realized it was necessary to DELETE nine titles from it, while actually ADDING two others (net loss of seven). Specifics below...

The following titles that were in Pat's original list from 05 February 2005 are NOT shown in my list above. This is because it turned out these top 40 hits had indeed been available on at least one U.S. CD at that time, so they shouldn't have been on the list in the first place (Pat just wasn't aware of those CDs back then, due to their rarity):

1973 EDWARD BEAR - "Close Your Eyes" (on one older V/A CD from 1998)
1976 JIMMY DEAN - "I.O.U." (on one older Jimmy Dean CD from 1987)
1976 AL WILSON - "I've Got a Feeling (We'll Be Seeing Each Other Again)" (on one older V/A CD from 1995)
1982 DR. HOOK - "Baby Makes Her Blue Jeans Talk" (on one older Dr. Hook CD from 1983)
1982 STARS ON 45 - "Stars on 45 III" (on one older V/A CD from 1991)
1983 AGNETHA FALTSKOG - "Can't Shake Loose" (on one older Agnetha Faltskog CD from 1983)
1984 BARRY GIBB - "Shine Shine" (on one older Barry Gibb CD from 1984)
1986 ANDY TAYLOR - "Take it Easy" (on one older O.S.T. CD from 1986)

I should also note that I did bend the rules slightly for four others which I did keep on the list, as their initial CD appearances did occur prior to 2005, but I felt they were close enough: Joey Heatherton (2004), Sam Neely (2002), Beach Boys (2003), and David Lasley (2001)...

In addition, since February 2005, it appears Pat has changed his mind w/ regards to the following song qualifying as a top 40 hit, as it no longer appears in the database at all (so it's gone from my list above as well):

1970 FRIJID PINK - "Sing a Song for Freedom" (#39 Cash Box, #41 Record World, #55 Billboard)

However, the following two did NOT appear in Pat's original list from 05 February 2005, but are now shown in my list above, as it has since been decided by folks here on this chat board that their CD appearances ten years ago should be disqualified:

1975 JOHN FOGERTY - "Rockin' All Over the World" (lone CD appearance was on an import that Pat had listed by mistake; only other CD appearance is a live version)
1980 JIMMY RUFFIN - "Hold On to My Love" (lone CD appearance was deemed too short; other two CD appearances are re-recordings)

Not to open up a can of worms, but it's worth noting that the appearance of the Beach Boys' 1981 hit, "The Beach Boys Medley", was on a CD single. I only point this out because Pat has been inconsistent when it comes to entering situations like this into the database, where a top 40 hit's only U.S. CD appearance is on a single. At this time, I can think of four examples: The aforementioned "Beach Boys Medley" (1981), "Voices That Care" by Voices That Care (1991), "Long Road" by Pearl Jam (1995), and "Candle in the Wind 1997" by Elton John (1997). (It's possible I may have forgotten one or two others.) I certainly DON'T feel that all CD singles need to be in the database - but how is it that both the Beach Boys and Voices That Care qualify for inclusion, while Pearl Jam and Elton John DON'T??? Speaking for myself, I feel that if a top 40 hit's ONLY U.S. CD appearance is on a single, then that single SHOULD be in the database; if the song becomes available on an album-length CD at a later date, then the single should be dropped, and the new album added in its place. Therefore, at this time, I think the listings for both the Beach Boys and Voices That Care should stand, while Pearl Jam and Elton John should be added (and you'd also have consistency!). Just my two cents on this issue, but I think most other database subscribers would agree - after all, the more info, the better, right??? :-)
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

Santi Paradoa
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 5:17pm | IP Logged Quote Santi Paradoa

Great info guys.

crapfromthepast
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 16 September 2014 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote crapfromthepast

I second that! Love those detailed analyses. Keep up the good work!

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 17 September 2014 at 5:21am | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Great detailed info. I didn't pull out the calculator like you did, but at 40% or so, I agree that's a significant amount!

But as for the Al Wilson song I'd modify the list you put it on. The one CD appearance is from vinyl (and not cleaned very well), so I'd like to suggest putting it back to the original list and saying something like "Only available from vinyl transfer", just as you had other qualifiers on other songs (re-recording, etc.) to warn the buyer of the issue with the original source.

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 September 2014 at 1:35am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

EdisonLite wrote:
But as for the Al Wilson song I'd modify the list you put it on. The one CD appearance is from vinyl (and not cleaned very well), so I'd like to suggest putting it back to the original list and saying something like "Only available from vinyl transfer", just as you had other qualifiers on other songs (re-recording, etc.) to warn the buyer of the issue with the original source.

Well, just to clarify, the criteria for which songs appeared on my list above was based solely on what Pat currently says when you look them up in his on-line database. In other words, type that artist and/or title into his search engine, and you get his "not on CD" symbol, w/ the red circle and line through it. Of course, another approach you can use to highlight those songs is to type dates into the "YEAR RANGE" fields and click on the "N" next to "ON CD", before hitting the "SEARCH" button...

Currently, the song you mentioned - Al Wilson's 1976 hit, "I've Got a Feeling (We'll Be Seeing Each Other Again)" - does NOT yield the "not on CD" symbol when you look it up in Pat's database. Therefore, he considers its lone CD appearance to be legit. And I see that he does, in fact, note in the database that the song is "mastered from vinyl" on that one CD - so I feel he's already done his part to warn us... :-)

The qualifiers that I noted on some of the other songs merely reflect what Pat currently states in the database, which he feels is enough to warrant the "not on CD" symbol when you search for them (from re-recordings to live versions to "digital download only", all of which I agree with - again, my only complaint being his lack of consistency when it comes to songs available only on CD singles). So if - like w/ Al Wilson - you feel that when a song's only CD appearance to date is from a vinyl transfer, that that should be enough to warrant disqualification from counting as being on CD, I suggest taking that up w/ Pat - after all, it's his database. :-) And let's face it, there are MANY additional songs in the database where their only CD appearances are "mastered from vinyl", so again, let's be consistent, and change all of those to "not on CD" as well. Personally, I think that's going a bit too far, but perhaps I'm in the minority on that one...

Edited to add: Just minutes ago, I checked Pat's on-line database again, and I see that in the last few days he's ADDED the CD singles by both Pearl Jam and Elton John to the listings, and thus you no longer get the "not on CD" symbol when you look either of those up - thumbs up! :-)

Edited by 80smusicfreak on 20 September 2014 at 2:44am
Back to Top View 80smusicfreak's Profile Search for other posts by 80smusicfreak

80smusicfreak
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 20 September 2014 at 5:58am | IP Logged Quote 80smusicfreak

80smusicfreak wrote:
...the 200+ titles that dated from the '50s & '60s... (Anyone here care to tackle the stats from those two decades, now that we've reached the 10-year marker???)

Alright, so over the last couple of days, I decided to take on that challenge myself. :-) HOWEVER, due to the sheer volume, I chose not to go into as much detail as I did w/ the '70s & '80s. No album titles or release dates this time - just the no. of CDs and the record labels - which means I also made no attempt to weed out the songs that were already on CD as of February 2005, but appeared on the list because Pat wasn't aware of their existence on CD at that time (although I'm sure there are a few examples). Still, it turns out Pat made some additions (18) & deletions (2) of his own over the last ten years from this period, and those are noted after the list...

Here are the stats, and frankly, I was SHOCKED at the numbers, as both decades are almost double what I was expecting: 56 of the 104 (53.8%) top 40 hits from the '50s that were unavailable on U.S. CD ten years ago have since made their debut, along w/ 96 of the 127 (75.6%) top 40 hits from the '60s. Combined, that's 152 out of 231 - or a pretty remarkable 65.8% that have been scratched! It was interesting to see that about 95% of the effort goes to just eight labels, though: Hit Parade, Complete 60s, Abkco (due entirely to their release of the Cameo-Parkway catalog, of course), Reader's Digest, Time-Life, Collectors' Choice, Eric, and Real Gone. Take away all of the CD releases from those eight labels over the last ten years, and the number of songs we could delete drops to only about 15(!) from both decades, combined. But mainly to their credit, we're now down to just 79 songs from the '50s & '60s that are still MIA on U.S. CDs...

So again, in chronological order, as of February 2005, here's the complete list of 231 missing songs dating from the '50s & '60s (including the 18 Pat's added since then, and minus the two he's since deleted), w/ the 152 that have since made their U.S. CD debut shown in bold, complete w/ the no. of CD appearances and the record label(s) that the legit versions were issued on:

1955 DAVID CARROLL - "Melody of Love" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1955 DeCASTRO SISTERS - "Boom Boom Boomerang"
1955 JOHNNY DESMOND - "The Yellow Rose of Texas" (one CD - READER'S DIGEST)
1955 FERKO STRING BAND - "Alabama Jubilee" (re-recording on one CD)
1955 SUNNY GALE - "Unsuspecting Hearts"
1955 GORDON JENKINS - "Goodnight, Sweet Dreams"
1955 LAURIE SISTERS - "Dixie Danny"
1955 GLORIA MANN - "Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)"
1955 McGUIRE SISTERS - "Rhythm 'n' Blues (Mama's Got the Rhythm - Papa's Got the Blues)"
1955 NICK NOBLE - "The Bible Tells Me So" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1955 PATTI PAGE - "Piddily Patter Patter"
1955 GEORGIE SHAW - "No Arms Can Ever Hold You"
1955 PRISCILLA WRIGHT with DON WRIGHT and the SEPTETTE - "The Man in the Raincoat"
1956 TONY BENNETT - "The Autumn Waltz" (digital download only)
1956 TONY BENNETT - "From the Candy Store on the Corner to the Chapel on the Hill" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1956 TONY BENNETT - "Happiness Street (Corner Sunshine Square)" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1956 PERRY COMO - "Moonlight Love" (one CD - READER'S DIGEST)
1956 DIAMONDS - "Love, Love, Love"
1956 DIAMONDS - "Soft Summer Breeze"
1956 DREAM WEAVERS - "A Little Love Can Go a Long, Long Way"
1956 EDDIE FISHER - "Without You"
1956 FONTANE SISTERS - "The Banana Boat Song" (two CDs - HIT PARADE, READER'S DIGEST)
1956 EYDIE GORME - "Mama, Teach Me to Dance" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1956 AL HIBBLER - "Never Turn Back"
1956 HIGHLIGHTS - "City of Angels" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1956 HILLTOPPERS - "Ka-Ding-Dong"
1956 DICK JACOBS - "Petticoats of Portugal" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1956 McGUIRE SISTERS - "My Baby's Got Such Lovin' Ways"
1956 NICK NOBLE - "To You, My Love"
1956 JANE POWELL - "True Love" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1956 CYRIL STAPLETON - "The Italian Theme" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1956 LAWRENCE WELK and HIS ORCHESTRA - "The Poor People of Paris" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1956 FLORIAN ZABACH - "When the White Lilacs Bloom Again"
1957 BEVERLEY SISTERS - "Greensleeves" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 PAT BOONE - "I'm Waiting Just for You" (one CD - READER'S DIGEST)
1957 OWEN BRADLEY QUINTET - "White Silver Sands" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 PERRY COMO - "The Girl with the Golden Braids" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 PERRY COMO - "Ivy Rose" (re-recording on two CDs)
1957 DICK CONTINO - "Pledge of Love"
1957 KEN COPELAND - "Pledge of Love" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 JOHNNY DEE - "Sittin' in the Balcony" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 FOUR ESQUIRES - "Love Me Forever" (one CD - ERIC)
1957 DAVE GARDNER - "White Silver Sands"
1957 EYDIE GORME - "Love Me Forever" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 CHARLIE GRACIE - "Butterfly" (eight CDs - ABKCO, HIT PARADE, TIME-LIFE)
1957 CHARLIE GRACIE - "Fabulous" (three CDs - ABKCO, HIT PARADE)
1957 GEORGE HAMILTON IV - "Only One Love"
1957 BILL HAYES - "Wringle Wrangle"
1957 JIM LOWE - "Four Walls" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 CHAS. McDEVITT SKIFFLE GROUP - "Freight Train"
1957 TED NEWMAN - "Plaything"
1957 NICK NOBLE - "A Fallen Star" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 FESS PARKER - "Wringle Wrangle" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 JOHNNIE RAY - "Look Homeward Angel"
1957 JOHNNIE RAY - "Yes Tonight, Josephine" (two CDs - HIT PARADE, BEAUTIFUL MUSIC)
1957 JOHNNIE RAY - "You Don't Owe Me a Thing" (missing overdub on two CDs + re-recording on two CDs)
1957 TIMMIE "OH YEAH" ROGERS - "Back to School Again" (one CD - ABKCO)
1957 RANDY STARR - "After School"
1957 LOU STEIN - "Almost Paradise" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1957 TECHNIQUES - "Hey, Little Girl"
1957 MITCHELL TOROK - "Pledge of Love"
1958 APPLEJACKS - "Mexican Hat Rock" (two CDs - ABKCO)
1958 TONY BENNETT - "Firefly" (three CDs - SONY/BMG, READER'S DIGEST + re-recording on five CDs)
1958 OWEN BRADLEY QUINTET - "Big Guitar"
1958 VALERIE CARR - "When the Boys Talk About the Girls" (one CD - ERIC)
1958 COZY COLE - "Turvy II" (one CD - LOVE)
1958 PERRY COMO - "Moon Talk"
1958 DIAMONDS - "Kathy-O"
1958 FOUR ESQUIRES - "Hideaway" (one CD - ERIC)
1958 FRANK GALLOP - "Got a Match?"
1958 GEORGIA GIBBS - "The Hula Hoop Song" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1958 WILL GLAHE - "Liechtensteiner Polka" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1958 GONE ALL STARS - "7-11"
1958 BETTY JOHNSON - "Dream" (one CD - HIT PARADE + mis-titled track on one CD)
1958 KALIN TWINS - "Forget Me Not" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1958 JULIUS LaROSA - "Torero"
1958 NU TORNADOS - "Philadelphia, U.S.A." (one CD - ERIC)
1958 PATTI PAGE - "Fibbin'" (one CD - READER'S DIGEST)
1958 JOHNNY PATE QUINTET - "Swingin' Shepherd Blues"
1958 PETS - "Cha-Hua-Hua"
1958 EDDIE PLATT - "Tequila"
1958 RONALD AND RUBY - "Lollipop" (three CDs - SONY/BMG)
1958 DAVID SEVILLE - "The Bird on My Head" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1958 NICK TODD - "At the Hop"
1958 FRANKIE VAUGHAN - "Judy"
1958 JOHN ZACHERLE - "Dinner with Drac (Part 1)" (five CDs - ABKCO, REAL GONE, COLLECTORS' CHOICE, WICKED COOL)
1959 WILLY ALBERTI - "Marina"
1959 APPLEJACKS - "Rocka-Conga" (one CD - ABKCO)
1959 CATHY CARR - "First Anniversary" (one CD - ERIC)
1959 CHUBBY CHECKER - "The Class" (two CDs - ABKCO)
1959 PERRY COMO - "Tomboy"
1959 MICKEY MOZART QUINTET - "Little Dipper" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1959 JACKY NOGUEZ - "Ciao, Ciao Bambina" (two CDs - HIT PARADE, GOOD MUSIC)
1959 PATTI PAGE - "Trust in Me"
1959 QUAKER CITY BOYS - "Teasin'"
1959 CLIFF RICHARD - "Living Doll" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1959 BOBBY RYDELL - "Kissin' Time" (four CDs - ABKCO, HIT PARADE)
1959 BOBBY RYDELL - "We Got Love" (five CDs - ABKCO, HIT PARADE + re-recording on two CDs)
1959 SPACEMEN - "The Clouds" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1959 MITCHELL TOROK - "Caribbean" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1959 JESSE LEE TURNER - "The Little Space Girl"
1959 SAMMY TURNER - "Always" (two CDs - HIT PARADE, COLLECTABLES)
1959 JUNE VALLI - "The Wedding" (one CD - HIT PARADE)
1959 BILLY WILLIAMS - "Nola" (one CD - HIT PARADE)

1960 PAUL ANKA - "Hello Young Lovers" (two CDs - READER'S DIGEST, PANKA)
1960 BOB BECKHAM - "Crazy Arms" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1960 BILL BLACK'S COMBO - "Blue Tango" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S + re-recording on one CD)
1960 BILL BLACK'S COMBO - "Josephine" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S + re-recording on one CD)
1960 TERESA BREWER - "Anymore" (two CDs - BEAUTIFUL MUSIC, MCA)
1960 AL BROWN'S TUNETOPPERS - "The Madison" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1960 ANITA BRYANT - "Wonderland By Night" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1960 CHUBBY CHECKER - "The Hucklebuck" (two CDs - ABKCO + re-recording on two CDs)
1960 CHUBBY CHECKER - "The Twist" (14 CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, READER'S DIGEST + re-recording on 32 CDs)
1960 CARL DOBKINS JR. - "Lucky Devil"
1960 INNOCENTS - "Honest I Do" (two CDs - TIME-LIFE)
1960 MONTY KELLY - "Summer Set" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1960 LOLITA - "Sailor (Your Home is the Sea)" (one CD - ERIC + alternate take on two CDs)
1960 TOBIN MATHEWS & CO. - "Ruby Duby Du" (two CDs - COMPLETE 60S, ERIC)
1960 GARRY MILLS - "Look for a Star Part 1" (one CD - DRG)
1960 BOBBY RYDELL - "Ding-a-Ling" (one CD - ABKCO)
1960 BOBBY RYDELL - "Sway" (two CDs - ABKCO)
1960 BOBBY RYDELL - "Swingin' School" (four CDs - ABKCO + re-recording on one CD)
1960 BOBBY RYDELL - "Volare" (nine CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, COMPLETE 60S + re-recording on two CDs)
1960 BOBBY RYDELL - "Wild One" (nine CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE + re-recording on five CDs)
1960 SANTO & JOHNNY - "Tear Drop" (two CDs - COMPLETE 60S, ERIC)
1960 JUNE VALLI - "Apple Green" (re-recording on one CD)
1961 PAUL ANKA - "Kissin' on the Phone" (two CDs - HIT PARADE, PANKA)
1961 PAUL ANKA - "The Story of My Love" (two CDs - COMPLETE 60S, PANKA)
1961 BILL BLACK'S COMBO - "Hearts of Stone" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S + re-recording on one CD)
1961 BILL BLACK'S COMBO - "Ole Buttermilk Sky" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S + re-recording on one CD)
1961 CHUBBY CHECKER - "(Dance the) Mess Around" (three CDs - ABKCO, COLLECTORS' CHOICE, REAL GONE + re-recording on one CD)
1961 CHUBBY CHECKER - "The Fly" (two CDs - ABKCO + re-recording on two CDs)
1961 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Let's Twist Again" (11 CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, COMPLETE 60S, etc. + re-recording on nine CDs + live version on one CD)
1961 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Pony Time" (eight CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, etc. + re-recording on six CDs + live version on one CD)
1961 KENNY DINO - "Your Ma Said You Cried in Your Sleep Last Night" (non-45 version on one CD)
1961 DOVELLS - "Bristol Stomp" (12 CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, COMPLETE 60S + re-recording on one CD)
1961 ARETHA FRANKLIN - "Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody" (four CDs - SONY/BMG, AMERICAN BEAT)
1961 FRANK GARI - "Lullaby of Love"
1961 BOBBY RYDELL - "The Fish"
1961 BOBBY RYDELL - "Good Time Baby" (one CD - ABKCO)
1961 BOBBY RYDELL - "I Wanna Thank You" (one CD - ABKCO)
1961 BOBBY RYDELL - "That Old Black Magic" (one CD - ABKCO)
1961 STRING-A-LONGS - "Brass Buttons" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1961 ADAM WADE - "As If I Didn't Know" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S + alternate vocal take on three CDs)
1961 ADAM WADE - "Take Good Care of Her" (one CD - ERIC + alternate vocal take on three CDs)
1961 ADAM WADE - "The Writing on the Wall" (two CDs - COLLECTABLES)
1962 BILL BLACK'S COMBO - "Twist-Her" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S + re-recording on one CD)
1962 WALTER BRENNAN - "Mama Sang a Song" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1962 BUNKER HILL - "Hide & Go Seek (Part 1)"
1962 JO ANN CAMPBELL - "(I'm the Girl on) Wolverton Mountain" (two CDs - ABKCO, REAL GONE)
1962 RICHARD CHAMBERLAIN - "Love Me Tender" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1962 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Dancin' Party" (two CDs - ABKCO + re-recording on two CDs)
1962 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Slow Twistin'" (four CDs - ABKCO + two others + re-recording on four CDs)
1962 DOVELLS - "Bristol Twistin' Annie" (one CD - ABKCO)
1962 DOVELLS - "Do the New Continental" (three CDs - ABKCO, COLLECTORS' CHOICE)
1962 DOVELLS - "Hully Gully Baby" (two CDs - ABKCO, COLLECTORS' CHOICE)
1962 MISS TONI FISHER - "West of the Wall" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1962 BRENDA LEE - "It Started All Over Again" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1962 PHIL McLEAN - "Small Sad Sam"
1962 ORLONS - "Don't Hang Up" (ten CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE)
1962 ORLONS - "The Wah Watusi" (13 CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, COLLECTORS' CHOICE, etc.)
1962 PARIS SISTERS - "He Knows I Love Him Too Much" (one CD - VARESE SARABANDE + re-recording on one CD)
1962 TOMMY ROE - "Susie Darlin'"
1962 JACK ROSS - "Cinderella" (one CD - COMPLETE 60S)
1962 BOBBY RYDELL - "The Cha-Cha-Cha" (six CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE)
1962 BOBBY RYDELL - "I'll Never Dance Again" (one CD - ABKCO)
1962 BOBBY RYDELL - "I've Got Bonnie" (one CD - ABKCO)
1962 BOBBY RYDELL/CHUBBY CHECKER - "Jingle Bell Rock" (six CDs - ABKCO, REAL GONE)
1962 DEE DEE SHARP - "Gravy (for My Mashed Potatoes)" (four CDs - ABKCO, COLLECTORS' CHOICE + re-recording on four CDs)
1962 DEE DEE SHARP - "Ride!" (seven CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE + re-recording on one CD)
1963 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Birdland" (one CD - ABKCO + re-recording on one CD)
1963 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Let's Limbo Some More" (one CD - ABKCO + re-recording on one CD)
1963 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Loddy Lo" (one CD - ABKCO + re-recording on two CDs)
1963 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Popeye (the Hitchhiker)" (one CD - ABKCO + re-recording on two CDs)
1963 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Twenty Miles" (re-recording on one CD)
1963 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Twist it Up" (one CD - ABKCO + re-recording on one CD)
1963 DOVELLS - "You Can't Sit Down" (11 CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, COLLECTORS' CHOICE + re-recording on three CDs)
1963 JAMES GILREATH - "Little Band of Gold" (one CD - ERIC)
1963 GLENCOVES - "Hootenanny"
1963 STEVE LAWRENCE - "Don't Be Afraid Little Darlin'"
1963 STEVE LAWRENCE - "Poor Little Rich Girl"
1963 STEVE LAWRENCE - "Walking Proud"
1963 BRENDA LEE - "Your Used to Be" (one CD - MCA)
1963 JOHNNY MATHIS - "Every Step of the Way"
1963 ORLONS - "Crossfire!" (two CDs - ABKCO)
1963 ORLONS - "Not Me" (two CDs - ABKCO)
1963 ORLONS - "South Street" (11 CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, COLLECTORS' CHOICE, REAL GONE)
1963 BOBBY RYDELL - "Butterfly Baby" (one CD - ABKCO)
1963 BOBBY RYDELL - "Wildwood Days" (two CDs - ABKCO)
1963 DEE DEE SHARP - "Do the Bird" (three CDs - ABKCO, COLLECTORS' CHOICE + re-recording on two CDs)
1963 DEE DEE SHARP - "Wild!" (one CD - ABKCO)
1963 TYMES - "So Much in Love" (16 CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, REAL GONE, HIT PARADE, etc. + re-recording on one CD)
1963 TYMES - "Wonderful! Wonderful!" (11 CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, REAL GONE + re-recording on one CD)
1964 CAREFREES - "We Love You Beatles"
1964 CHARTBUSTERS - "She's the One" (digital download only)
1964 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Hey, Bobba Needle" (one CD - ABKCO + re-recording on one CD)
1964 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Hooka Tooka" (one CD - ABKCO + re-recording on one CD)
1964 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Lazy Elsie Molly"
1964 BRENDA LEE - "Think"
1964 CLIFF RICHARD - "It's All in the Game" (digital download only)
1964 BOBBY RYDELL - "Forget Him" (four CDs - ABKCO, HIT PARADE + re-recording on four CDs)
1964 MILLIE SMALL - "Sweet William"
1964 TYMES - "Somewhere" (two CDs - ABKCO)
1965 CHUBBY CHECKER - "Let's Do the Freddie" (re-recording on one CD)
1965 FORTUNES - "Here it Comes Again" (digital download only)
1965 LARKS - "The Jerk" (two CDs - VARESE SARABANDE, AUDIOFIDELITY + alternate vocal take on nine CDs + re-recording on one CD)
1965 BRENDA LEE - "Rusty Bells"
1965 BARBARA MASON - "Sad, Sad Girl" (one CD - ARCTIC + re-recording on one CD)
1965 WAIKIKIS - "Hawaii Tattoo"
1966 FRANK GALLOP - "The Ballad of Irving" (one CD - RHINO + other)
1966 BOBBY HEBB - "Satisfied Mind" (one CD - HIP-O SELECT)
1966 ? & THE MYSTERIANS - "I Need Somebody" (two CDs - ABKCO + live version on one CD)
1966 ? & THE MYSTERIANS - "96 Tears" (six CDs - ABKCO, TIME-LIFE, UNIVERSAL + re-recording on four CDs)
1966 MARGARET WHITING - "The Wheel of Hurt" (one CD - REAL GONE)
1966 BARRY YOUNG - "One Has My Name (The Other Has My Heart)" (one CD - ERIC)
1967 HERB ALPERT & THE TIJUANA BRASS - "The Happening" (one CD - SHOUT! FACTORY)
1967 DAVE CLARK FIVE - "You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby" (digital download only)
1967 SAMMY DAVIS JR. - "Don't Blame the Children"
1967 KEITH - "Tell Me to My Face"
1967 SENATOR BOBBY - "Wild Thing" (one CD, but missing an overdub - ABKCO)
1967 BUNNY SIGLER - "Let the Good Times Roll & Feel So Good" (alternate take on one CD)
1968 HESITATIONS - "Born Free" (digital download only)
1968 ANDY KIM - "How'd We Ever Get This Way" (one CD - COLLECTORS' CHOICE)
1968 ANDY KIM - "Shoot 'em Up Baby" (one CD - COLLECTORS' CHOICE)
1968 BOBBY RUSSELL - "1432 Franklin Pike Circle Hero"
1969 JAMES BROWN - "World (Part 1)" (one CD - HIP-O SELECT)
1969 MARY HOPKIN - "Goodbye" (three CDs - APPLE)
1969 ANDY KIM - "Baby, I Love You" (one CD - COLLECTORS' CHOICE)
1969 ANDY KIM - "So Good Together" (one CD - COLLECTORS' CHOICE)
1969 OLIVER - "Sunday Mornin'" (one CD - TARAGON)
1969 UNDERGROUND SUNSHINE - "Birthday"

The following is the list of songs that Pat has since added to the on-line database, apparently deciding over the last ten years that they were indeed top 40 hits (and thus they're also on my list above):

1955 DeCASTRO SISTERS - "Boom Boom Boomerang"
1955 FERKO STRING BAND - "Alabama Jubilee"
1955 GEORGIE SHAW - "No Arms Can Ever Hold You"
1955 GORDON JENKINS - "Goodnight, Sweet Dreams"
1955 LAURIE SISTERS - "Dixie Danny"
1955 McGUIRE SISTERS - "Rhythm 'n' Blues (Mama's Got the Rhythm - Papa's Got the Blues)"
1955 PATTI PAGE - "Piddily Patter Patter"
1955 PRISCILLA WRIGHT with DON WRIGHT and the SEPTETTE - "The Man in the Raincoat"
1955 SUNNY GALE - "Unsuspecting Hearts"
1956 DREAM WEAVERS - "A Little Love Can Go a Long, Long Way"
1956 EDDIE FISHER - "Without You"
1956 McGUIRE SISTERS - "My Baby's Got Such Lovin' Ways"
1957 JOHNNIE RAY - "You Don't Owe Me a Thing"
1957 JOHNNIE RAY - "Look Homeward Angel"
1957 PERRY COMO - "Ivy Rose"
1957 TECHNIQUES - "Hey, Little Girl"
1960 JUNE VALLI - "Apple Green"
1961 KENNY DINO - "Your Ma Said You Cried in Your Sleep Last Night"

The following is the list of songs that Pat has since deleted from the on-line database, apparently deciding over the last ten years that they WEREN'T top 40 hits (so they're gone from my list above as well):

1956 RICHARD HAYMAN - "Mack the Knife"
1956 LAWRENCE WELK and HIS ORCHESTRA - "Mack the Knife"

One new inconsistency that I discovered along the way, though: The original recording of Johnnie Ray's 1957 hit, "You Don't Owe Me a Thing", appears on two CDs, where it's "missing a whistling overdub" on both - yet that missing overdub is enough to disqualify the song as appearing on CD. According to the database, Senator Bobby's 1967 hit, "Wild Thing", has appeared on one CD to date, where it's "missing a kazoo overdub" - however, that missing overdub apparently ISN'T enough to disqualify the song as appearing on CD. My two cents: Disqualify Senator Bobby, just like Johnnie Ray - but again, I'm just looking for consistency, more than anything. (Or maybe Pat just hates kazoos, so he can live w/o it??? ;-)) Thoughts, anyone??? (Actually, after just reading the thread devoted to "Wild Thing" here on this chat board, I believe that Pat needs to add some more details to the database regarding this one - after sorting out the mono vs. stereo LP versions, etc., to be fair, it appears that the lone CD version that's missing the overdub may qualify after all...)

Also, Kenny Dino's 1961 hit, "Your Ma Said You Cried in Your Sleep Last Night", currently appears on only one CD, where Pat merely states, "this is not the 45 version" - but that incomplete info is enough to disqualify it as counting on CD. I don't disagree w/ that analysis at this time, but point being, it would appear that w/ further investigation, this song could potentially see its status changed for its lone CD appearance. (Could it be a second 45 version that's on that CD??? An LP version??? Anyone???)

Santi Paradoa
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 09 December 2018 at 6:10pm | IP Logged Quote Santi Paradoa

"Give Ireland Back To The Irish" has been released as a bonus track on the new Wings' Wild Life CD reissue. It may have been on a UK reissue a couple of decades ago but finally appears on a US release. McCartney never included the song on any hits compilations despite hitting #21 in the US in 1972.

PopArchivist
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 27 April 2019 at 9:17pm | IP Logged Quote PopArchivist

80smusicfreak,

Now that it is 2019, I would be quite interested to see what top 40 hits still have not made it to CD at all. From 1955-2019.

To be entirely accurate, Coming Up (Live At Glasgow) made it to CD timing in at 3:28, but it's a version that NEVER was released as a promo and never existed. So if Hold On To My Love has an incorrect shortened version that does not match the 45 and its sole appearance should be disqualified, shouldn't Coming Up be held to the same standard since it runs 3:48? It has never made it to CD in its correct 45 version so it should be on the list.

I can say that in the 2010's thanks to the NOW series in the UK and US a lot of top 40 songs have appeared on CD. However with the digital download not everyone has appeared on a CD here in the US.

I can say that the 2012 Somebody I Used To Know Mike D Remix that was played constantly is not on any US CD (or even any import I know). The 2011 S & M remix with Britney Spears only appeared on the CD single. It, along with the other Til The World Ends remix remain only on CD singles and have never gotten commercial release on a US album. It was not even on Britney's essential a few years back.

What complicates expanding the list to the 2010's further is the disappearance of the CD single and the emergence of digital download. The other thread with the ITUNES only downloads should be incorporated into one huge list of songs not available on CD from 2005 to the present.

Just this year numerous top 10 hits have no CD release (Old Town Road, Without Me etc) but do have a digital download available. Let's face it, many hits (Girls Like You with Cardi B, not the album version) are digital downloads now and not on CD.

So lets see what is remaining...

Back to Top View PopArchivist's Profile Search for other posts by PopArchivist

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 01 May 2019 at 4:33pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Isn't the version on CD of Jimmy Ruffin's "Hold On to My Love" the dj edit? If that's correct - when the only version on CD is the dj edit, how does Pat define this situation? Is it listed regularly but with the listing saying "dj edit" in its description? If that CD version was never on a 45 (stock or dj) in 1980, I agree that it should be disqualified for the list.

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 01 May 2019 at 5:16pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

The CD with "Hold On To My Love" is :05 shorter than the promo 45 length. The CD is 3:03 and promo 45 is 3:08.

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

EdisonLite
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:48pm | IP Logged Quote EdisonLite

Aaron, I don't recall where the line is drawn. If it's 5 seconds shorter than a dj edit or a single version, is it excluded as being that version? If it's within, say, fading 3 seconds early, it's included as that "version"? I know this conversation came up before. But I just can't recall what the decided parameters were.

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:02pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

I'm not sure, either. Pat would have to weigh in on that.

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 24 May 2019 at 10:16am | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

Usually I make the comment that a cd appearance is :xx shorter than the commercial or dj 45 and if it is only a few seconds shorter then I do not make any comment. So to answer your question completely there is no hard and set time limit that has to be attained before I make that comment. I assume now that most 45 running times have been entered in the database and you can reach your own conclusion based on that information.
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version