Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chat Board
 Top 40 Music on Compact Disc : Chat Board
Subject Topic: End Of The Road - Boyz II Men Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 05 June 2006 at 7:52pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

I am reviewing a new cd released by Time-Life titled "Best Of The Boy Bands" and it features 2 songs with running times that I cannot explain so I thought I would toss out those titles to see if our sleuths can come up with an answer. First is the song "No Diggity" by Blackstreet which runs (4:12) and second would be "End Of The Road" by Boyz II Men which runs (3:33). My guess is that these are dj edits - any help?
Back to Top View Pat Downey's Profile Search for other posts by Pat Downey

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 05 June 2006 at 8:03pm | IP Logged Quote edtop40

i have both on cd single.....the 3:33 version of "end of the road" maybe the pop edit which on my uk import cd single runs 3:36 but it could be 3:33........the other song i have 2 promo of and neither contains a 4:12 running time version....

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 05 June 2006 at 8:33pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

Yes Ed, "End Of The Road" is the pop edit on my import cd maxi single as well. I am hoping that there is a US issue of the pop edit also.

If you want to pass along the dj running times of your promo cd singles of "No Diggity" I would be glad to enter that information in the database.

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 05 June 2006 at 8:58pm | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

On the subject of "No Diggity" can anyone explain where the (4:54) version of this song comes from that appears on several cd's in the database?

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 05 June 2006 at 11:49pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

TM Century issued the (3:33) version of "End Of The Road," so I'm certain it was on the promo CD single. I've seen the promo, and I'm pretty certain it's on there, but I don't own it to verify.

For "No Diggity," I have the promo CD containing the "single version" which runs (4:29). If my memory is correct, this is an edit of the LP version. I believe it was also mentioned in another thread that a "rapless version" was issued that runs (3:59). I have this mix on a Promo Only compilation.

As far as the (4:54) version goes, how does it differ from the LP version? Other than the LP and the two versions I just mentioned, I only know of remixes for the song, which are on the US maxi single.
Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

jimct
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 12:12am | IP Logged Quote jimct

Pat Downey wrote:
Yes Ed, "End Of The Road" is the pop edit on my import cd maxi single as well. I am hoping that there is a US issue of the pop edit also.

If you want to pass along the dj running times of your promo cd singles of "No Diggity" I would be glad to enter that information in the database.
Here is my promo CD info for both songs, with listed time first, and actual time second:

Boyz II Men--"End Of The Road" (#3746310612)
1-Pop Edit (3:39) (3:33)
2-Radio Edit w/Acappella End (4:13) (4:12)
3-Radio Edit w/Fade (4:19) (4:17)
4-LP Version (5:50) (5:48)
5-Instrumental Version (5:16) (5:14)

I have 2 promo CD singles for "No Diggity":
Blackstreet-"No Diggity" (INT5P-6028)
1-Single Version (4:29) (4:29)

Blackstreet-"No Diggity" (INT5P-6073)
1-LP Version (5:03) (5:04)
2-Rapless Version (3:59) (3:59)
Back to Top View jimct's Profile Search for other posts by jimct

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 5:29am | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

Jim, that is excellent information but now it brings up an additional question -- what is the 45 version of No Diggity? This was a cassette single which Whitburn lists as running (5:10). For those of you that have this cassette single, does it really run (5:10) and is it identical to the LP version? Perhaps the cassette single is really the version that runs (4:54) on several cd's?

I have some additional information regarding No Diggity and how it appears on various cd's. The (4:54) versions are identical to the LP version except they end at (4:54) with some piano notes that extend a few seconds longer than on the LP version (which continues on for :10 additional). The version on the new Time-Life cd "Best Of The Boy Bands" is just the LP version faded :52 early and I was hoping this would have been an official dj promo version but from what Jim says, that is not the case

Edited by Pat Downey on 06 June 2006 at 5:36am

edtop40
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 6:05am | IP Logged Quote edtop40

pat

the cassingle runs 5:06 and is identical to the full cd/lp version.....it's possible the 4:54 version is just a truncated version of the full cd/lp version....

Pat Downey
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 06 June 2006 at 6:36am | IP Logged Quote Pat Downey

The (4:54) version has a few seconds of piano notes at the end that are not found on the LP version so it is not just an early fade or truncated edit of the LP version!

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 25 May 2010 at 10:32pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Regarding Boyz II Men's "End of the Road", Ed informs me his commercial cassette single has an actual run time of 5:48. I thought this might be a useful supplement to the promo CD single info currently in the database.
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 28 May 2010 at 7:23pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Todd Ireland wrote:
Regarding Boyz II Men's "End of the Road", Ed informs me his commercial cassette single has an actual run time of 5:48. I thought this might be a useful supplement to the promo CD single info currently in the database.

But Ed just said two posts before that (in an old post) that the commercial cassette single runs 5:06, so something's amiss here.
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

Todd Ireland
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 28 May 2010 at 8:09pm | IP Logged Quote Todd Ireland

Brian W. wrote:
Todd Ireland wrote:

But Ed just said two posts before that (in an old post) that the commercial cassette single runs 5:06, so something's amiss here.

Brian:

I believe Ed's 5:06 commercial single run time was referring to BLACKstreet featuring Dr. Dre's "No Diggity", not "End of the Road".
Back to Top View Todd Ireland's Profile Search for other posts by Todd Ireland

Brian W.
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 28 May 2010 at 9:37pm | IP Logged Quote Brian W.

Todd Ireland wrote:
Brian W. wrote:
Todd Ireland wrote:

Brian:

I believe Ed's 5:06 commercial single run time was referring to BLACKstreet featuring Dr. Dre's "No Diggity", not "End of the Road".

Oh... apparently I'm amiss here.
Back to Top View Brian W.'s Profile Search for other posts by Brian W.

Gary
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 16 October 2019 at 5:42pm | IP Logged Quote Gary

This is Aaron's findings on "End Of The Road" - the Pop Edit of "End Of The Road" removes the spoken introduction as well as the spoken part in the middle. Both Radio Edits remove the spoken introduction but leave the spoken part in the middle. After the spoken part, the "Acapella End" edits immediately to the last chorus where it ends acapella, while the "Fade End" version does not make any additional edits and simply fades early. The "Fade End" version also has two drum machine hi-hat taps prior to the start of the song, which is not found on any of the other versions on the promo CD.

Back to Top View Gary's Profile Search for other posts by Gary

JFive
MusicFan
MusicFan

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 10:02pm | IP Logged Quote JFive

Was the video version "End of the Road" ever released?
Back to Top View JFive's Profile Search for other posts by JFive

aaronk
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 17 October 2019 at 10:21pm | IP Logged Quote aaronk

The music video on YouTube uses the Radio Edit with Acapella End.

Back to Top View aaronk's Profile Search for other posts by aaronk Visit aaronk's Homepage

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version